Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Saturday, May 11, 2013

#67 Blueberry Tarts (Almost)

I thought I would take a shortcut with these - and the experiment was a failure.  Oopsie.  I am keeping these in the "to Make" list, because I think this was just a yummy but unpresentable mess :)

Here's what happened.  I didn't feel like making the dough fro scratch so I bought some.  But I didn't realize what I bought was actually uncut crescent roll dough

So I tried to bake shells, and I ended up with unfillable knots:
Add a little cinnamon sugar and VOILA! snaky time.

But I had more so this time I baked shells on the outside of some glass bakeware.
Shape was great but they wouldn't come off easily and I ended up with broken crusties like so:

Not presentable.

So, I ended up taking pieces of the crusts, putting them in custard cups, and covering with the blueberry tart filling - which by the way was delicious:



So, not a total loss, but definitely not what I set out to make,  Still, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment