Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tyroshi Pear brandy - Finally Unveiled!

Silhouette of the Tyroshi Pear Brandy.
Overlooking the Sandia Mountains and theSandia Golf Course.

 I have been real patient waiting for this brandy.  
We decided to hold off sipping on it until my best friend's 45th birthday.
While the recipe calls for aging the brandy 1 month with pears in and 1 month after removing the fruit, I actually left the pears in for 6 weeks and let it brandy sit for 3 months after removing the fruit.

And it was decided that this was the brandy we should sip while smoking our cigars.

Oh, yeah, baby.

The brandy was nothing short of amazing.
I used bottom shelf brandy and the highest quality ripe pears that I could find.
The prospect of flavoring my own brandies intrigues me now, 
but the key will be to only use fruits at the peak of ripeness.

And here we have international man of mystery Geo Tortola
showing off the brandy's clarity in the finest of glassware supplied by default in the suite.
s

No comments:

Post a Comment