Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Garden/Painting: Yellow Calla Lilly


 It's that time of year again where I spend a little money and time each week to create the garden.  In my front courtyard, I have a small area dedicated to flowers.  In my back yard, a raised veggie garden.

This year, I couldn't resist the siren's call of the calla lilly.  Naturally, I chose yellow, it being Q's favorite color of the moment.

Once I got the plant home and in the container* I found that it kept drawing my eye every time I went into or through the courtyard.

The next logical step was to paint some!


I stepped away from my untrained style of painting layers upon layers to give a try to the more professional method of drawing sections of tones out on a grid.  No underpainting this time, as much this subject needs the whiteness to come through.


So this is where I am at with it, and I suspect I will relabel all of this progress as "underpainting", create a new but similar palette and color it anew.  

* Self watering

No comments:

Post a Comment