Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Juice Fast

The title of this post is misleading.  It should just say Juice.  And by that I mean that I had a sandwich today - an Einstein Brother's veggie sandwich on a bagel.  And chips.  And a big cookie.  So there.

But that's ok.  I'm getting a barrage of nutrients through the juicing, which is the point.  And also, I will not have a sammich each time.  Or a cookie.

One of the byproducts of using a juicer is the aftermath of fibrous waste.  I don't have a composter and putting this every week in my garden would quickly overwhelm the worms and result in some unsavory side effects like mold and buggies.

So, I create a bird bag each week.  Bird bag is the term used by the teachers at Q's preschool for all the scraps and leftovers that can be fed to chickens.  A few of the teachers there keep chickens, as I may have previously mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment