Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Sunday, June 2, 2013

#71 (Almost) Medieval Cold Fruit Soup

Yeah, so I goofed on this one...  BUT it still turned out very interesting...



On first read-through of this recipe from A Feast of Ice and Fire I thought that this would turn out to be a variant of apple sauce.  There's so much liquid that the final result is accurately described as soup.  In an extravagant muti-course meanl, this could be a course between fish or meat and, say, cheese and nuts.  Or, alternately, it could be breakfast.

And I say all of that as if I successfully made this recipe, which *cough* I didn't.

Turns out, I was making the Roman Peaches with Honey-Cumin Sauce at the same time as I was making this.  And I, uh, accidentally dumped the peach sauce into the cold fruit soup... so there in this version, there were a bunch of flavors added that were NOT supposed to be there, like Cumin.  And Vinegar.



Turns out, it was still pretty yummy.  Or at least I think so. One of my friends wrinkled her nose at this.. too much Cumin.

Anyway, I'm going to redo this one down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment