Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Bonus Recipe: Duck Broth with Quinoa

The picture really doesn't do this dish justice, so I made it tiny.

Remember that Duck from Duck with Lemons?  Well, I boiled down the remaining mat and bones to make a duck broth, and then froze half the broth in 1 cup portions, making it easier to pull out only what I needed for future recipes. Snack baggies work well for this as long as the broth is already cooled when you package it.


The rest of the broth, along with some tasty tidbits of leftover duck meat, I tossed into the crock put with quinoa and the stalks from the beets I used for beet pancakes. A silky and savory dish, good for a quick lunch or a side.  If you cook quinoa for many hours, I learned, it kind of unravels into little sting-like things.  But it's still very tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment