Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

#10 Pork Pie


Well, today's recipe is Pork Pie!  I wasn't feeling overly confident in my pastry crust making skills, so I used  Pilsbury premade 9" pie shells.  A mix of fun flavors in this one, plus I used up a good amount of leftover spiral ham in a whole new dish!

"By appointment to Her Majesty the Queen
Manufacturer of Provisions and Dried Fruit
Whitworths Ltd, Irthlingborough"
Greetings, Irthlings!

This is one of the recipes that includes currants.  It was unexpected challenge finding currants in Albuquerque. The search paid off, though, I happened to find true English currants with a  recipe for Spotted Dick and the Royal Seal on the back of the box.

I was able to pick these up at Ta Lin, a local international market.  I may have to check out some of the currants recipes at www.whitworths.co.uk, because who doesn't love English cooking baking?

.
Pork Pie, fresh from the oven!

Looks good, and the taste?
... Uh, yeah about that.

Turns out I really should not have used ham instead of ground pork. I mean, some people may like the flavor of this pie, but I really didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment