Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Monday, January 7, 2013

#13 Medieval Applecakes

I chose Gala apples for the Applecakes.  There are so many varieties of apples available that I thought I should stick with a type I like.  The recipe called for four apples, but I prepared three and had about an apples worth left over when all was said and done.  I chose walnuts to accompany the apples.

They look just like the picture in the book!
Time to make the doughnuts.
 











I did not have a 2" cookie press cutting the rounds from the dough. I used a Brandy snifter, because those I have. It worked great!

Two, TWO cast iron frying pans,
Ah! Ah! Ah!
 
I only cook with olive oil, even baking. Let's just go ahead and add that to my growing list of quirks. I avoid Canola oil but olive oil is pretty good for you in moderation. Fried in olive oil these still had a light flavor in the crust and a complementary filling.  




These are quite tasty, and really they are not very sweet unless you wish to powder them with sugar. 

I brought a third of these over to my neighbor's house along with a couple hand-me-down books and toys for their one year old daughter. We're friendly but I've never dropped off food before. They were pleasantly confused. *grin*  Mission Accomplished!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

    ReplyDelete