Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

#18 Salad at Castle Black



I have to talk myself out of the notion that the salad recipes are "cheating" because they are not as labor intensive as some of the other recipes.  Case in point: one of the ingredients in this recipe is "roasted chickpeas."  That's it.  No other explanation.  Just "roasted chickpeas."

Being a fan in general of the garbanzo bean, dried chickpeas are a staple in my pantry but never once have I had occasion to roast them.  So, I did what I do best:  WING IT!

I rehydrated my chickpeas overnight in the fridge, then spread them out in my foil lined toaster oven pan, sprinkled with a little salt and a little butter and let them cook at 350 for about 20 minutes.  I have no idea if that's what was envisioned when calling for "roasted chickpeas," but they taste mighty fine and have a toasty little crunch to them.

The dressing I served with this is my own creation, the Poached Pear Vinaigrette.  I'll share that recipe tomorrow.  Or at least my portion of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment