Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Monday, January 14, 2013

Roses are red, Violets are, um, like purple...

(c) 2007 John Poyser
CC-BY-SA-2.0, via Wikimedia Commons

I enjoy looking ahead through the recipes to see what I have the most ingredients for, what might pair well with another dish, and what might be better served in warmer weather rather than cold.

I noticed tonight that the Sansa Salad includes a few edible flowers.  Last I checked, you can't buy edible flowers at ye Olde Farmer's Market, so it looks like I will need to grow my own.  That pushes the making of this dish back to mid to late Spring, easy.

I already have a few plants on my property that produce edible flowers, such as hollyhocks (not a noteworthy flavor) and hibiscus (a tart, berry like brew).  Sansa Salad is pictured in A Feast of Ice and Fire with violets, and so violets I shall acquire and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment