Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Friday, January 4, 2013

#11 Medieval Pastry Dough



Enough for a 9" square baking dish and then some!

I've been fearing this one. I have never made a crust successfully.  But it's ok if I fail, as long as I tried, right? Well, I'm pleased to report that my pastry crust was a flaky success! (Just like me.) 

I read somewhere that for pastry, cold ingredients are recommended so I made sure everything was chilled.  This may have been the key difference.

Also, when making pastry dough, it helps to have someone that you love on hand and close by making paper snowmen. 

Cold pastry ingredients + paper snowmen = flaky and delicious crust.  

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.




They see me rolling.
Leftover pastry crust became the inspiration to concoct a little something of my own!  Mulled Wine Fruit Tarts are the first of hopefully many Bonus recipes that result from this venture.  Although the Bonus recipes don't appear in A Feast of Ice and Fire, they are made with leftovers from the recipes in the book.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment