Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Sunday, January 20, 2013

#21 Sweet Pumpkin Soup

This is not the pumpkin we ate. This a stunt pumpkin.





You know something? I like pumpkin. I like pumpkin pie, I cook a whole real pumpkin each year and use it in various recipes. I make a pretty mean Chocolate Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin. I can even make a Fat Free version that is super decadent.*

Sweet Pumpkin Soup, although a blend of pumpkin and other orange squashy ingredients, well... it's a LOT of pumpkin. We all liked it, but none of us could finish a full soup bowl's worth. I would say, serve this as an appetizer to your guests, perhaps even with a shocking salty side t accompany it like caviar and toast crackers. 6-8oz serving size, max.

Shtomp. Shtomp. Shtomp.
My favorite part of this recipe was that I got to use my SHTOMPUS.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the glory that is the SHTOMPUS, I have pictured it to the left.

"But, Marianne," you say.  "That's just a masher."

NAY! I reply with an abundance of theatrics.  IT.  IS.  THE.  SHTOMPUS! 

 
 

No animals were harmed in the making of this recipe. However, vegetables were abused with wonton abandon.**

* I will share both recipes in the future as bonus recipes.  Scout's honor.***
** With the SHTOMPUS!
*** I am not a scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment