Search This Blog

Let's Get Social!

mariannebjelke.com

 

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

#14 Cream Swans

Cream Swans are one of the most visually interesting dishes from A Feast of Ice and Fire.   

Look at that perfect Cream Swan gracing the COVER!

Oh yeah?  Challenge. Accepted.

Meringue cookies.  A light, crunchy, sweet way
to add frivolity to your formal desert!
I had an actual pastry bag tucked away from a few years back.  I think I used it for my son's 1st birthday cake.  Anyway, I tried a variety of different tips and prefer the smaller, simply round tip.

I made two necks for each of the half dozen swan molds,  I still managed to break nearly all of them.

The one swan head that did survive looks like a cigar smoking Shar-Pei snake.  And as you can see below, the wings and base turned out brown - a definitively un-swanlike hue.  Faced with the prospect of needing to showcase this desert, I started to wonder what I might do to pull attention away from my brown, disfigured swans...

Alternately, I may attach this swan neck/head to my chest
so I can pretend to be a human host giving "birth" to an Aliens monster.

Munching on dismembered sugary swan limbs, it came to me.  Swans aren't the only winged creature.  No! Why not Cream Brown Eagles, Cream Faeries, Cream Dragonflies! The wings varied in detail from that point on, and I didn't bother with necks anymore...  Voila!

Presenting: Cream The Fly.  Delicate.  Delicious.  Disgusting.  A dessert to be proud of!

Help. Meeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment